Course Components :
- Teacher in Emerging India.
- Psychological Foundations of Education.
- Methods of Teaching English.
- Literature in the classroom.
- Communication skills in English.
- Information & Communication Technology for Education (ICTE).
In addition to six core papers there are ten submissions on various aspects ofELT that make the course of an international standard.
Course Duration : One year grant-in-aid course.
Technology aided Learning-Teaching:
Integration of Technology in learning and teaching is a distinct feature of the institute.Technology in learning and teaching is used extensively not only by the teachers but also by the students. B.Ed. students are trained in using technology for learning and teaching through ICT and intensive practice in computer lab. The institute also uses Intel Teach to the Future Programme to train the future teachers in the use of technology.
Special features of the course:
- Intensive use of ICT
- Language Laboratory Facilities
- Seminars and Workshops on ELT and Education . Audio-Visual Feedback
- Psychology Experiments
- Remedial & Orientation Programmes
- Off Campus and Internship programmes
- Continuous Assessment System including Viva.,.voce
- Students Aid Fund
- Indoor and Outdoor Co-curricular Activities . Career Guidance and Counselling
- Campus Interviews
Placement Cell :
The institute feels concerned about the future career of its students. Hence our Placement Cell functions efficiently and provides job opportunities all over India to its students.
In addition to six core papers there are ten submissions on various aspects of ELT that make the course of an international standard.
Students who have either a B.A. or an M.A. with English as a Principal subject of a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks on the aggregate are eligible to apply for the course.
2008 onwards the university has relaxed admission criteria for the institute that gives exclusively 25% seats to OUG students.
The tuition fees are as per Government norms.
The application forms are available on the Sardar Patel University website www.spuvvn.edu during January-February every year.