Components of the course:
- The degree is awarded by Sardar Patel University.
- The course is designed to develop researchers’ specialized knowledge, skills and understanding in the field of Literature and Language.
M.Phil. (ELT) is a one-year full-time course, run on a self-financed basis.
Special Features of the course:
- Sessions by eminent scholars and experts from various Universities in India and abroad.
- Expert supervision from recognized scholars.
- Exposure to National and International research activities, like conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Significant amount of exposure to multimedia skills and analytical skills.
- Two fully-funded research scholarships from Chanderia Foundation (Gujaratilexicon.com), each covering tuition fees, accommodation charges and required research materials.
The Application Process:
Forms and Prospectus are available in the Library of the Institute between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. during working days. Please note that filling up the form does not entitle a student to automatic admission. Completed forms may be returned to the library staff.
You may also apply by downloading the form from the following website: http://www.hmpenglishonline.com. The fee may be paid while submitting the form at the Institute.
The students need to have a B.A. with English as the principal subject for For M.Phil(ELT) , the students need to have 55% at their M.A. External Examinations.
The Institute reserves the right to admit students according to its own criteria. The applicants need to clear the following for getting admission in the courses:
- A written admission test
- An interview (only if you have cleared the written admission test)
Advice for Applicants :
- Please make sure that you appear for the admission test. The Entrance Test for MA [ELT].
- The test consists of a grammar section, a reading section and a free writing section. You need to answer all the sections.
- If you clear the written test, you would be asked to attend an interview on the same day of the test
- You may be asked to do a special course to improve your English if your English is found not up to the standards required for the courses.