Core Curriculum Components
- Childhood and Growing Up
- Contemporary India and Education
- Teaching English to Young and/or Advanced Learners
- Language across the Curriculum
- Error Analysis and Remedial Teaching
- Literature in the Classroom
- Knowledge and Curriculum
- Gender, School and Society
- Inclusive School
- Critical Understanding of ICT
In addition to the above mentioned core papers, there are a variety of practical application based submissions on various aspects of ELT that make B.Ed (English) a course of an international standard.
Total FOUR semesters (Two year grant-in-aid course).
Total intake: 50 ( Co-education).
Present Fee Structure Per year: Boys: 9220 Girls: 6720 ( Any Changes in fee in future will be as per the norms of NCTE and Sardar Patel University).
Hostel facility is available for both boys and girls.
Scholarships are available as per the government norms.
Special features of the course
- Intensive use of ICT and ELT Experts sessions
- Language Laboratory Facilities
- Seminars and Workshops on ELT and Education
- Audio-Visual Feedback (video recording of practice teaching for self-reflections)
- Psychology Experiments
- Remedial & Orientation Programmes
- Off Campus and Internship programmes
- Continuous Assessment System including Viva-voce
- Students Aid Fund
- Indoor and Outdoor Co-curricular Activities. Career Guidance and Counselling
- Campus Interviews
- Ant-ragging and students grievance cell
Students who have either a B.A. or an M.A. with English as a Principal subject of a recognized university with a minimum of 50% ( 45% for Reserved category) marks on the aggregate are eligible to apply for the course.
2008 onwards the university has relaxed admission criteria for the institute that gives exclusively 25% seats to OUG/ OU students.
The tuition fees are as per Government norms.
The application forms are available on the Sardar Patel University website www.spuvvn.edu during January-February every year.
Admission purely on merit base and is centralized. For applying online please visit www.spuvvn.edu