Components of the course
- The degree is awarded by Sardar Patel University.
- The course is designed to develop researchers’ specialized knowledge, skills and understanding in the field of Language and Literature.
M.Phil. (ELT) is a two semester (one year) course
Objectives of the course
- To equip research scholars with the essential knowledge and skills required for taking up multidimensional responsibilities in English Language Teaching (ELT).
- To develop rigor among scholars to conduct qualitative as well as quantitative ELT based research studies.
- To develop a set of core skills in scholars to work with efficiency in the emerging areas of English Language Teaching like techno-pedagogic skills, new methods and approaches in language teaching, etc.
- To prepare professional experts, for the position of responsibilities in the contest of emerging perspectives in ELT planning.
- To enable scholars to understand and apply research principles in practice.
- To retain talent in the field of ELT by enhancing professional development of scholars.
The Application Process:
Admissions are given on the basis of written test conducted by Sardar Patel University usually in the month of May-June every year. For more details please visit university website - www.spuvvn.edu
The following candidates will be eligible to get admission to the M. Phil ELT programme.
- Those candidates who have passed M.A. ELT / ESL / TESL from any recognized university within India.
- Those candidates who have passed M.A. English with at least one course in the area of ELT (with 55% or B+ as per Sardar Patel University grading system norms) (5% relaxation for SC/ST). Those who have passed PGCTE/PGDTE from English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad will be given preference.
- Those candidates who have passed Master’s programmes in ELT / ESL / TESL from any recognized university abroad.
Eligible candidates will be required to pass the M.Phil (ELT) Entrance Examination according to the Sardar Patel University rules.
The merit list will be prepared according to the Sardar Patel University norms.